Welcome to The Old School House Rocksberg
5 W James Road Rocksberg
5 bed | 5 bath | 5 carOld World Charm With A Modern Twist. This land is steeped in Rocksberg history, being the site of the original country school. Over the years the additions added to the school building have created a truly unique and intriguing home.
Created with a mixture of old world charm and modernised extensions, the house features four bedrooms, all with Ensuite bathrooms, with the old school house room providing a formal living area showcasing tongue & groove paneling and pot belly stove. The open plan kitchen is modern by design featuring raised ceilings across the dining room area. Stunning timber doors open onto the deck providing a great place to enjoy the rural surrounds.
Positioned on just over one acre of land (4047m2) surrounded by panoramic views in all directions, you will love the exquisite serenity this property offers.
The barn style shed measures 12m x 12m and includes an open plan teenagers retreat with kitchenette, shower and toilet, and included in the shed space at the rear is a workshop area. The shed features 4 car parking plus a skillion roof carport 3.9m x 5.5 provides additional car parking or that space for your caravan or boat.
The original school house facade is constructed of red western cedar with both side, front and back verandah’s overlooking the hills ensuring everlasting scenery.
• Master Bedroom with open plan Ensuite featuring spa bath and separate toilet
• Ensuite to all 4 bedrooms, plus bathroom in shed (5 in total) plus 6th toilet in powder room
• Separate powder room and internal laundry
• Kitchen with gas stove, range hood, dishwasher, breakfast bench and plumbing for fridge
• Air-Conditioning x 3
• Gas HWS
• Ceiling fans to all bedrooms
• Kids play area and sandpit
• 2 x Septic Tanks and 3 x Water Tanks (Tank water only)
• 12m x 12m Shed with separate septic tank includes open plan teenagers retreat with kitchenette and bathroom
• Shed includes hoist
• NBN Satellite (until broadband arrives to corner)
• Fully Fenced on 4047m2 acreage
Selling as is, If you wish to see this property by private viewing, your appointment will be arranged by telephone conversation only. Please call me directly to arrange a suitable time.
No open homes scheduled for this property.
An elderly past student of the school advises the land of Rocksberg Primary School was owned by her father, the James family who kindly donated it to the Government to build a school during the 1800’s. The school was occupied by 20-25 kids at any one time aged from 4 through to 12, who used to either walk or ride their horses to school, and even came as far as Mt.Mee. When the school closed, it was donated back to the James family.
- 4047 sqm (approx)
07 5498 9800
07 5498 9800